Buying your first home is exciting! You have (probably) been savings for a fair while and now you are thinking the time might be right?
We see this a lot. At some point you feel secure about your income / employment and your expenses are under control, you probably even find yourself browsing the real estate pages or attending open homes. This has been a goal you have worked towards and perhaps now is the time to take the plunge.
Questions that we often get at this point are:
- Where do I go from here / What is the next step?
- Do I have enough deposit?
- What loan amount can I afford?
- What First Home benefits are available? (First Home Owners Grant, excemption of stamp duty and other government grants)
- Do I go to a bank or use a broker?
- Do I need to build a credit rating?